Taken from Mako’s Iron Blogger Boston rules
- At least one blog post a week. Weeks will be defined as starting and ending Monday morning at 3:00am in San Francisco.
- You’re welcome to post more than once in any given week, but it doesn’t count for the next week.
- If you miss a post, you owe the beer pool $5. I will keep track of this, and provide information about balances and missed weeks, on request.
- When the pool gets big enough, we will all go out for “beer”. “Beer” doesn’t necessarily mean beer — if it’s not your thing, let me know and we can sort something out. Beer is funded by the beer pool, and we split the rest of the cost.
- Any topic or length of blog post is acceptable. Blogging about joining iron blogger is acceptable. If it’s obviously filler, we may laugh at you, but it still counts. Paying $5 can be a bummer, but a crap blog is probably worse. It’s up to you.
- You’re allowed to leave the Iron Blogger at any time by notifying me. You can either (a) zero out your balance and give up the right to attend any future meetups or (b) pay for all weeks prior to the week in which you tell me you’re leaving and get back in the game.
- If, at any point, your balance hits $30, we will assume you have invoked (a) in the previous rule and you’ll be booted for slacking. If you pay your $30 balance, you will be reinstated.
- There is no set end date. We’ll end Iron Blogger by group agreement.
- Anyone may join. Once we get up and running, I’ll approve new signups on a case-by-case basis. Interested folks should email me, Parker Higgins (parkerhiggins [at] gmail [dot] com).
- I will, on occasion, and using my discretion, grant people skips for a week under exceptional circumstances (e.g. extreme sickness).
- Events will happen once I have received enough money to fund them
(or a reasonable portion of the estimated cost), not once there is enough money
in the nominal pool. This is decided in my sole discretion, but I promise to try to hold regular events, funding permitting.
- You can pay parker in person. I also accept PayPal (at the same e-mail address provided above) and Dwolla. Let me know what you want to use.